Dear Dahl Class,
I hope everyone is ok and trying your best to do some learning at home. I have been trying to do lots of running and I am feeling proud because I can now run for 25 minutes without stopping! I hope you are all managing to get out and about and keep fit. Please remember to check the learning on Purple Mash. I would really like to get some emails from you sharing what you have been up to.
Some children in our class have been trying really hard on Times Table Rockstars and Numbots. A special well done to Adele, Noah and Oscar who are making amazing progress on Times Table Rockstars. Well done Noah, Emiljia and Oscar who have earned the most coins on Numbots.
If you do not have access to a printer then just copy the answers into your home learning book. Don't worry if you do not have time to do everything, just try to do a little learning every day.
1. Read the 2 poems 'Villainous Verses' and 'The Sound Keeper'. Which one is your favourite? Can you learn part /all of the poem off by heart or choose a different poem to learn off by heart. Perform your poem to someone else in your family.
2. Write a list in your book of all the rhyming words in the poems. Can you add more words to the lists to continue the rhyming pattern?
3. Write your own poem about the Seaside. Try to use interesting adjectives to describe what you can see, hear, smell, touch and taste. Your poem does not have to rhyme.
4.Practice spelling these words from the Year 2 list. Look at the Week 6 in the spelling booklet to practise these words. (link below)
find mind behind old cold gold hold told every everybody
5.Write 5 interesting sentences using 5 of these words. Remember full stops and capital letters. Use a conjunction to extend your sentence.
1. Look at the videos on White Rose Year 2 about Multiplication. Complete the worksheets (linked below). You can write the answers in your book.
2. Practise the 2 times table using the booklet below. You can write the answers in your book. (link below)
3. Practise counting small objects such as lego bricks, pasta shapes in 2s, 5s or 10s.
4. Learn the moves for the 2X table dance on BBC SuperMovers. (link below)
5. Play 'Fishy Fishy Fingers' to practise recalling the 2 times table. 2 players face each other with one hand behind their back. Chant 'Fishy, Fishy FIngers'. Show a number of fingers. The first player to shout out the 2 times table fact wins a point. e.g if both players show 5 fingers each then players shout '2X10 = 20'.
6. Play Numbots or Times Table Rockstars.
Find out about plants and animals that live in different habitats in the U.K. Try to sort the living things into the correct habitat - Coast, Pond, Urban and Woodland. You can make a list in your learning book, use the pictures on the link below to help you. Think of more living things that live in each habitat.