Dear Dahl class,
Hope you all had a good half term and a break from home schooling. It is now the start of Term 6. Some children are coming back to school this week but most of Year 2 are continuing to learn at home. Thank you for all the Purple Mash emails, I have really enjoyed seeing the online learning on Purple Mash. Remember to email your learning to school using the 'Homeshare' address, I would love to see what you have been doing. There will be more 2Dos to complete on Purple Mash and remember to continue with Numbots or Times Table Rockstars.
1. Watch the Youtube clip of the story 'Lucy and Tom at the Seaside' by Shirley Hughes. (see below)
2. Make a list of all the things that Lucy and Tom did in their day.
3. Write a diary of a day at the seaside, imagine that you are Lucy or Tom.
Remember to write in the first person - use I, me, my.
Try to use time words - First, Next, Then, After that, Finally.
Always remember full stops and capital letters.
4. Learn these spellings using rainbow writing. Ask a grown up to test you. You can use the spelling booklet below for ideas to help you learn your spellings. (link below)
there, their, they're, here, hear, see, sea, to, too, two
5. These are homophones which means the words sound the same but are spelt differently and have a different meaning. Can you write sentences to show you know the meaning of these homophones?
You could make a picture to show the meanings of the other homophones. Can you think of any more homophones?
1. Look at the videos on White Rose Year 2 for this week about the 10X table, Sharing, Grouping and Odd and Even numbers.
Complete the worksheets (linked below). You can write the answers in your book.
2. Practise the times table speed tests. How many questions can you answer in 1 minute. Try to beat your score every day. (link bellow - you can write your answers in your book or ask an adult to test you.)
3. Throw and catch a ball and practise counting in 2s, 5s or 10s. How high can you get before you drop the ball?
4. Learn the moves for the 10X table dance on BBC Super Movers
5. Play this 'Odd Game'. This is a 2 player game.
1. Each player write 15 at the top of the piece of paper.
2. Take turns to roll a dice. If you roll an odd number you must take away from 15, if you roll an even number you can add the number to your total.
3. Continue playing until one of the player loses all of their points. They are the winner.
This week I would like you to look outside to see if you can find some minibeasts. Look at the chart (link below) and try to record where you find different minibeasts. Which minibeasts like to live in the soil?