Hello and welcome to the Sri Lanka Class page!
Sri Lanka Class is a mixed Year 3 and Year 4 class and our teachers are Ms Neville and Mrs Cooper. Our lovely teaching assistants Mrs Gosal and Mrs Rousell work in our class too.
- Mrs Cooper teaches the class all day on Mondays, Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons and Friday afternoons. For the rest of the week she teaches children from lots of year groups for the 'Numbers Count' programme.
- Ms Neville teaches the class on Tuesday afternoons, all day on Wednesdays, Thursday mornings and Friday mornings. For the rest of the week she works as the school's Deputy Headteacher, Pupil Premium Leader and English Leader.
- Please be assured that the teachers work closely together to ensure that there is good continuity between our part-time class teaching roles and that the children receive the same style of teaching from us both. Parents can speak to either of us about questions or worries.
In our class this term, we are learning all about Chocolate, including the History of Chocolate and looking at where in the world Chocolate comes from. We will be reading the story of 'Charlie and the Chocolate factory. In Science, we are continuing to learn about Light.
This term on Wednesdays we have coaches from Bath Rugby coming to teach us Rugby skills.,
We also do 'Real Gym' on Tuesdays. Please keep PE kits in school for the whole term. We will send them home if they are muddy after our Rugby sessions.
Remember, school PE kit is:
- plain white T-shirt
- plain black shorts
- daps or trainers
- plain black joggers for outdoor PE in the colder weather
- no earrings (please remove studs or provide tape to cover)
Reading and home learning guidance
- We want to remind everyone that children must bring their reading book and record book into school every day and take it home again each evening. Part of the ongoing home learning is to read for at least a few minutes daily. It is really important for parents / carers / older siblings to hear children read as often as possible and talk about the book - this is still important even if the child is a fantastic fluent reader! Don't forget to keep track of your home reading in the book provided, as this will earn you your stickers on the chart and Golden Book entries!
- Home learning tasks are set on Fridays and should be handed in by the following Wednesday. Work should be done neatly in pencil or black handwriting pen.
Keep an eye on this page for updates and information from the class. Click on the links below for more information.
Sri Lanka class voted for Dana and Riley to be our school councillors. They will be working with Mr Bacon to help make decisions to improve our school.