Our school uniform expectations
The full uniform policy can be found in the website section 'Policies'.
- Royal blue school sweatshirt or cardigan (plain or with school logo)
- Grey skirt, trousers or smart school shorts
- Pale blue or white polo shirt / cotton shirt (changing to pale blue only in 2020/21)
- Blue checked summer dress
- Black, grey or white socks or tights
- Sensible flat black school shoes or smart plain black trainers (not boots please). All shoes should be plain black, without any white stripes etc.
- Sturdy sandals are permitted in the summer but these must be securely attached to the feet and suitable for active play (no flip-flops, sliders or similar).
- Plain black / navy shorts, plain white t-shirt
- Daps for indoor PE
- Trainers for outdoor PE
- Plain black / navy joggers and a plain black / navy sweatshirt or ‘hoodie’ may be worn for cold weather outdoor PE in the winter.
- Please remember to pack socks for those who wear tights with their normal school clothes.
- Sensible one-piece swimming costume for girls (no bikinis or tankinis please)
- Sensible trunks / fitted shorts for boys (no baggy shorts please)
- Swimming hats are strongly encouraged by school and the swimming pool
Hair, make-up, jewellery etc
- Children should not come to school with ‘fashion’ hairstyles including dyed hair colours, mohicans or tram lines / shaved patterns.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- Hair accessories should be kept simple and small (e.g. no ‘JoJo bows’ or fancy hairbands).
- Make-up and nail varnish are not to be worn to school. False / acrylic nails are not allowed
- The only jewellery permitted is a watch and one pair of small stud earrings (earrings must be removed or covered for PE for safety reasons). Hoop earrings are not suitable for school due to the risk of them being caught and pulled during active play or in busy environments.
- Temporary tattoos are not to be worn to school.
- Parents are responsible for making sure that any weekend or school holiday make-up etc is completely removed before children come back to school. This includes where children have worn make-up etc as part of theatrical or dance performances out of school.