One of our key School Development Priorities has been to further develop our curriculum so that it delivers the best possible learning opportunities for our children. We have chosen to do this as a teaching team over time in a planned and structured way, getting it right for Frogwell children, rather than trying to rush through a 'quick fix' generic curriculum. Our curriculum has therefore changed, evolved and grown over the past year or so as we have developed our practice and refined our approach, and there will continue to be refinements into the future.
What are the aims of our school’s wider curriculum (subjects and content other than English and Maths)?
- improve coherence and sequencing
- provide greater clarity on the specific knowledge to be taught in each year group
- improve retention of learning in the longer term
- increase cultural capital and aspiration
- create a strong focus on children's vocabulary development
To re-develop our curriculum we have:
The National Curriculum subjects include:
Though not part of the National Curriculum, the following are also taught: