Dear Dahl Class,
I hope you are all o.k and trying hard to do some learning every day. Some children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 have been back at school this week so I have been busy in the classroom all week. Well done to everyone who has been completing learning on Purple Mash. I have enjoyed reading your emails on Purple Mash. I loved hearing from Harvey who emailed me about his new puppies! Keep logging onto Numbots or Times Table Rockstars.
1. Read the poem about the seaside by Shirley Hughes.
2. Look at the picture below from our story last week and write as many adjectives as you can to describe the beach. Think about the waves, the sand, the rock pools, what you can smell, taste, hear etc...
3. Write an acrostic poem about the seaside using as many adjectives as you can. Write the word SEASIDE down the side of the page. Try to think of something beginning with each letter. e.g Salty, splashy waves, Everyone having fun.
4. Practise spelling these homophones. Write a sentence for each one to show that you know the correct meaning of the word.
be bee quite quiet bare bear one won son sun
You can also use the ideas in the spelling booklet to practise the words. (see link below)
5. This week the Summer Reading Challenge was launched. This year the challenge is online and we would like to encourage as many children as possible to take part in the challenge. Have a look at the website and join the challenge. (see the link below).
1. This week we are going to be learning about money. Please see the link below for the White Rose videos and worksheets. You do not need to print the sheets, it is fine to write the answers in your book or use them to talk about with a grown up. You do not need to complete all of the sheets as there is a lot there. Maybe pick one or two questions to have a go at.
2. Practice counting some coins. Start with coins up to 20p. How many different totals can you make using coins up to 20p? Then find different totals with coins up to £1.00?
3. Set up a pretend shop. Maybe you could use some coins to buy some snacks during the day! Make sure everything is priced. Try to find different totals.
4. Complete the money worksheet. It is fine to write the answers in your book. If you can use real coins to help you. (see link below)
5. Try this coin puzzle.
On Monday it is World Ocean Day. To continue with our learning about different habitats have a look at the website and watch some of the videos about the ocean. You could make a quiz about some of the facts that you learn. (see link below)